Can you reverse heart disease? This is one question a lot of people would want answered. Being diagnosed with heart disease can be very traumatic – it takes a toll on you physically, mentally and financially. The financial aspect can really be a heavy burden especially for those without health insurance. However, the good news is that you can do something to improve your situation.
My dad died of an enlarged heart caused by the high blood pressure medications he was taking. If I knew then what I know now, may be my father would not have died the way he did. The problem is that the majority of us just focus on orthodontic treatments (prescription drugs). Do not get me wrong, I am not saying that using prescription drugs is bad, but you should always remember that these drugs are chemicals that have a lot of negative side effects.
Meanwhile there are other simple things you can do to improve your condition; we are going to discuss those helpful actions you can take in this article. As the year draws to an end, incorporating a few lifestyle changes into your New Year resolution will go a long way in boosting your cardiovascular health and enhancing your overall wellness.
Can You Reverse heart Disease? 3 Simple Things You Can Do To Help
1. Diet – One of the lifestyle changes you should embrace is your choice of foods. Your medications would not help you much if you keep eating the wrong foods – starchy and fatty foods. I know it is not easy to let go of all the delicacies you love, but your life is worth fighting for with all you've got.
You can start substituting the bad foods gradually, for instance, instead of beef, go for chicken or even turkey. Grill your meat instead of frying and use olive oil for cooking instead of canola or corn oil.
Eat more of vegetables and fruits because they are rich in antioxidants and vitamins that are vital for healthy heart. Remember to avoid fat filled salad creams; you can substitute those with a mixture of olive oil, mustard and red wine vinegar – it really tastes delicious and happens to be healthy too.
2. Exercise – The importance of exercise to better cardiovascular health can not be over-emphasized. You do not need to go to a gym to exercise, any form of exercise is better than nothing. Just keep active, move your body – you can walk, dance do aerobics or anything that you love doing as long as you are active. Exercise helps to improve heartbeat and blood circulation.
3. Dietary supplements – Because of the poor nutritional contents of our modern-day diet, it is advisable to incorporate quality nutritional supplements like omega 3 fish oil into your daily regimen.
How Can You Reverse Heart Disease by Using Fish Oil?
Omega 3 is proven to be helpful for cardiovascular health because it tackles all the factors that cause heart disease. So fish oil fulfills the following functions:
* Lowers bad cholesterol and increases the good one
* It reduces triglycerides
* It thins the blood and prevents clotting
* It relaxes the arteries and improves blood flow
* Prevents plaque build-up in the treaties
The above-mentioned functions of omega 3 fish oil help to prevent as well as reverse heart disease.
Bottom line is, a holistic approach to health care is always better. Here, incorporating the lifestyle changes mentioned here into your New Year resolution may help reverse heart disease and boost your general well-being. I have learned a lesson from what happened to my dad, so I am not leaving my health to chance any more; I am determined to do all I can to keep my heart healthy and enjoy better health – what about you?